Thursday, April 10, 2014

Built up in Him

"Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving." 
COLOSSIANS 2:6-7 ESV

Therein lies my worth, I am rooted and built up in Him, established in the faith. So I am called to thankfully walk in Him. As I meditate this morning on what that entails, I am reminded of my constant dependence on Him. I fail often but that does not define who I am. In Christ, I am made righteous, holy, set apart, a new creation. I am constantly bombarded by condemning thoughts that I will never be good enough or that I am capable of the worst. I am aware of my humanity. However, I am now rooted and established in Christ. I am covered by His precious blood. Every vile thing I have ever done, was paid for and forgiven. Separated from who I now am. Thank You, my precious Lord. Through Your death, I have received forgiveness. Through Your resurrection, I have new life! "My life is worth the living just because He lives!" 




No comments:

Post a Comment