Wednesday, April 9, 2014

He had a dream…




The Lord seems to speak to my husband in dreams. Before he met me, he had a dream about me. This was written 1 year before we met… 

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 
Description: http://x.myspace.com/images/spacer.gif
letter to a mystery woman
where do i begin? well i'm thinking about you, i seem to do that alot. i wonder what you look like, what you sound like, what you smell like, what you taste like. i have visions of your silhouette like God is giving me a hint as to who you are. i think your soul collided with mine before God created us. sometimes i think God never fully separated us when he created us, like i have a part of you already. i wonder if i'm on your mind as much as you're on mine. i don't even know who you are yet, but i find myself tangled up in you. i often wonder how i will know i've found you. i guess i'll know when i find that light in the darkness that is my mind. there are some things i do know about you. i know your smile will light up my world, i know your touch will ignite a million emotions in my body, i know your laugh will ease the pain of every last lonely moment, i know that when we do meet, God will be taking two lives and weaving them into one, and until then, i'm comforted by the fact that your never further away than a dream.

So the Lord saw fit to unite us as one four years later! Since then, we have grown spiritually, and in our relationship to one another. We had excellent pre-marital counseling, using the book, "Preparing for Marriage" by Brent Nelson. Six months into our marriage, we attended Family Life's "Art of Marriage" event. We were a part of a small group at our church with other young married couples, and one older couple who mentored us all in spiritual parenting. In my husband's heart was a dream to share what we learn along the way with other couples. In fact, our passion for making marriage a priority became both of our dreams. We began a marriage retreat in Pennsylvania with 5 couples in 2012. It was such a blessing that we had another one in the summer of 2013. For our three year anniversary (while I was eight months pregnant), we attend "A Weekend to Remember" Getaway Conference.  As we are learning that marriage is to tell the truth about who God is, and it is a reflection of Christ's love for the church, living it out in our marriage is inspiring us to continue to minister to other couples. This past weekend, along with our friends, Josh and Katie, we hosted our first "Art of Marriage" conference. It was amazing to see this dream become a reality! If you sense God wanting to use your dreams to minister to others, take the step of faith and trust Him to walk you through it! We were delighted to see couples who had been married only a year, to others who've been married over 25 years blown away by the simple truths in God's Word. Aaron and I have gotten closer through this journey. The time we have spent in prayer and preparation has helped us be more patient with one another and to love each other more deeply. 
This morning, Aaron told me he had a dream about a friend of his who passed away a few years ago. He said that it shook him up to think that life is so fragile and it is inspiring him to be more loving to others. Sometimes I just stare at him in admiration. I am aware of his flaws. As I am aware of my flaws as well. Nonetheless, he is my dream come true, as I am his. 


                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment